Recipe Salsa Macha
Salsa Macha origin
Compare with Chili Crunch Sauces
- 100g (self) dried chili peppers (e.g. Arbol, Pequin, Chipotle, or your favorite variety)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup oil (e.g. peanut or olive oil)
- 50g sesame seeds
- 50g unsalted peanuts
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Carefully remove the stems from the chili peppers. Roast the chili peppers in a dry pan over medium heat until they are aromatic.
- Make sure they do not burn to avoid bitterness.
- Peel the garlic cloves and slice them thinly.
- Fry the garlic slices in some oil over medium heat until they are golden brown and fragrant. The garlic should not burn.
Toasting Nuts and Sesame:
- Toast the peanuts and sesame seeds separately in the pan until they are golden brown and smell pleasant.
- Ensure they are toasted evenly.
Mixing Everything and Blending:
- Place the roasted chilis, garlic, peanuts, sesame, apple vinegar, and salt in a blender.
- Start blending and gradually add the oil until a coarse, but well-mixed paste forms.
|Preparation Time||25 Minutes|
|Prep Time||10 Minutes|
|Cook Time||15 Minutes|
|of which saturated fatty acids||50.0g|
|of which sugars||4g|